- The Club newsletter, The Clematis, is published quarterly and emailed to members. This colour newsletter is written and produced by members of the Club.
- Each issue contains contact details for BDFNC Executive Committee members and Leaders of Club Activities, useful Club information and a comprehensive program of up-coming Club Activities.
- Reports of field excursions and other notable news are published in The Clematis accompanied by superb photographs.
Click on the link below to access the current issue.
The Clematis No. 138
Downloads relating to items
published in The Clematis
- Back issues of The Clematis are also available.
- Click on the link below to access an index to articles published in The Clematis.
The Clematis - Index to articles 1991 - 2023
A new BDFNC publication, Wild Flowers of East Gippsland, is being finalised. Watch this space for news of the book launch and availability in 2024!
Orchids of East Gippsland
Revised Edition (2022)
- Following the sell-out success of the earlier editions, the BDFNC has once again revised this beautifully presented guide updating orchid information and nomenclature in line with the ongoing revision of taxonomy by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria. This revised edition is wire bound for easy reading and features a sturdy cover with spine.
- The book describes more than 200 species and each is illustrated with superb photographs. Also included are notes for easy identification and orchid distribution as well as general information about the structure of the plants, detail on flower parts, pollination and orchid habitat.
This 242 page field guide is priced at just $45.
To order your copy, click on the link below, then print and complete the Mail Order Form.
Mail Order Form
The Field Naturalists Club of Victoria Inc.
Australian Native Orchid Society
Fungimap (Australia’s fungi Mapping Scheme)
Birdlife - East Gippsland
La Trobe Valley Field Naturalist Club
Museum Victoria field guide to Victorian Fauna